Dressing up for the prom night is on every girl’s wish list, and you would want the perfect outfit that flatters your body and compliments the occasion. If you are on the plus side, fret not because there are many options even in that category. Check this guide for finding the right dress and that too without overdoing the budget.
- Check online. You cannot learn a lot about the fit and look of an outfit, unless of course, you see it for real. Online stores are great for finding trendy plus size dresses, and you can find more on how the outfit has been styled for the model wearing it. What makes online retailers better is the range of options they offer, and there is always something for every kind of buyer.
- Focus on your body. If you are heavy in the middle, avoid outfits that are too clingy, while girls with bigger shoulder and arms should avoid outfits that focus on the collarbone. Knowing your body is extremely important because that determines what will fit you well and whether you can experiment with a few designs.
- Restrict the skin show. Prom night is a good time to experiment, but avoid too much skin show, because you are heading to the school. The idea is to go for cuts and slits that don’t accentuate the wrong parts of your body. Also, experiment with just one trend at a time. For example, if you are opting for an off-shoulder gown, make sure that the outfit doesn’t have a thigh slit. Less is always more!
- Glam it up with accessories. Even if you are wearing what can be called a modest prom dress, you can take it to the next level with accessories. From tear drop fake diamond earrings to something chunky or oxidized jewelry, there are so many trending styles to look for. Just make sure that you don’t use a lot of things and whatever you select should work with the shape of the outfit.
- Go beyond black. Yes, black makes one look lean, but it’s the prom, and you don’t want to come off as boring and predictable. Make sure to go for colors like blue, red, or even pink, and while there is always a theme, you don’t have to follow the rulebook to the T. Even a subtle hint of colors can do wonders.
Start shopping now!